About the role
UNL is looking for a Technical Writer who will be entrusted with the responsibility of creating content for UNL’s location platform intended for the developers’ community.
UNL location platform is a suite of location-based APIs & SDKs. You will be responsible for connecting with the developer’s community by writing documents covering specifications, examples, sample codes, videos, and additional tutorials. You will work with the Engineering and Product teams to understand the products’ in-depth and translate complex topics into useful content for our intended audience. You will be an intrinsic part of the team and will continuously collaborate on improving the product communication to our customers.
Responsibilities of a Technical Writer at UNL:
- Create technical documentation for the developer’s community such as API/SDK reference manual, developer’s guide covering specifications, examples, sample codes, videos, and additional tutorials
- Design and organise documentation sets for new APIs and developer products
- Contribute to the creation of other developers’ material such as videos, code labs, blog posts, training materials etc.
- Manage complex documentation projects and liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to enhance and improve programs
- Lead documentation improvements and successful customer learning experiences
We are looking for someone with:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- A Graduate Degree from a reputable University (courses conducted in English), technical writing or equivalent practical experience
- Proven work experience in researching and writing documentation for users and developers
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Markdown, and Source Control
- Experience in working with visual content (e.g., images and videos)
- A passion for collaborating with User Experience Researchers, UX Designers, and Product Managers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Experience in the geospatial domain is a huge plus
What's in it for you:
- An inspiring office and work environment
- Monthly team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team